Sunday 6 January 2013

Resolution 2013

Six days away from the beginning of the year. 2012 had been a hectic year with all sorts of responsibilities plus unnecesary annoyances that requires time and effort but 2013 will be an even more hectic year ahead. Today I finally had the chance to sit down and to fully concentrate on work cause the kids had gone out with their dad. I felt totally liberated and managed to be extremely productive Alhamdulillah.

Tomorrow will be a new day and it will be a new day everyday for the rest of the year inshaAllah. I felt that I have been through 'hell' and back since I relocated to Malaysia but every single episode, every single event, every laughter, every joy, every pain, every fear, every experience we encounter shapes our character and makes us whom we are today. We are stronger, we are more resilient, more resourceful and most importantly, MORE GRATEFUL to the ONE who puts us through all of these tests. ALHAMDULILLAH.

If I was to make a new year's resolution it would be:

1. To read a good book each month, a self motivating book or an inspiring autobiography.

2. To be more productive in my work, produce at least two papers, motivate students even if only one student out of 30 can remember only one thing I say, that would be an achievement. Even if the thing they remember from my class out of all my jibberish is I make good 'ikan bakar' then, it is still an achievement.

3. To be grateful everyday for every little thing that Allah SWT gives and to stop worrying, just put one's trust in Allah. He has helped me all this way and all this time...He has shown me every time that He always comes to the rescue. How can I ever not trust Him?

4. To never lose oneself. No matter what happens, no matter how good or how bad...whatever the tragedy or trauma. Do not lose oneself. Do not let the evil actions of others turn us into bitterness or vengeance or anger or hate. Always take the morally higher ground of being the one to forgive, to repent, to learn from the mistakes of others, to be a better person. In every adversity, there is opportunity...for example, the one who loses a job may find opportunities in starting his own business. There is opportunity to do things we have never done before, opportunities to make new friends and relationships, opportunities to spend our precious time with family and friends, opportunity to learn new things, opportunity to become a better person and most importantly, opportunity to get closer to God. So, if one feels that the worse thing has happened...take your focus away from the problem and look for opportunities.

And that is my 5th resolution, to refocus my mind towards opportunities. InshaAllah 2013 is all about opportunities and to do everything I've always wanted to do but never had the time. This year I will make the time inshaAllah.

Alhamdulillah life is good...if we live for the sake of Allah SWT alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, criticisms and praises welcome but please be intelligent.

IN SEARCH OF THIS TRUTH

  I am in a quest to search for THIS truth. People ask, 'why are you still searching for the truth?’  You have found Islam.  You believe...