Monday 17 October 2011

Mom's conversation with daughter about LOVE and LIFE (part1)

This is a conversation between a mum and her 12-year old daughter about LOVE, LIFE and RELATIONSHIPS… you may think she is too young but believe me, it is never too young to start understanding these things…


A mum and her daughter sat at a coffee shop. The daughter felt special to spend some quality time with her mom. The mom was having a cup of coffee and a donut whilst the daughter had a cup of tea with a sandwich. They sat in silence for a little while until mom broke the silence and said…

Mom: You know babe, I’m going to give you some advice, something that no one told me when I was growing up and I had to find out myself and sometimes through the hard way. I wish to protect you from all the mistakes I’ve ever made but I know I can’t, only Allah SWT can do that but I hope that I can teach you some things, give you bits of knowledge to help you deal with some serious stuff in your life.

The daughter gave mom a blank stare…as she normally does when mum has something serious to say. Mom is used to that so mom continued…

Mom: I’m going to give you three lessons about life and I want you to listen carefully. These are lessons about LOVE, life and relationships

Daughter: (Blink, still staring into space)

Mom: The first lesson is to fill 99% of your heart with the love of Allah SWT and the Prophet Muhammad (saw) and only leave 1% of your heart for the love of the people. When I say the people I mean everyone including your mom, your dad, your siblings, your family, your friends and in the future, your husband.

Daughter: (Looked perplexed but found the voice to say) Why only 1%?

Mom: Well because people are people, people might disappoint you, they might hurt you, break your trust even your parents might do those things or if you love someone so much and they die… they might still leave you in that way but Allah SWT will never leave you, never disappoint you and will never betray you. When your heart is filled with the love of Allah, no matter what people do to you, you will never feel so bad because your heart is already full but if you do not fill your heart with Allah SWT then, you might end up filling it with rubbish.

Daughter: What kind of rubbish?

Mom: Well…rubbish such as the love of men who is not related to you.

Daughter: Like boyfriends?

Mom: Exactly and once you fill your heart with rubbish, it is not easy to get rid of it.

Daughter: Oh! Like when my room is full of rubbish, it is not easy to tidy it all up?

Mom: Yeah, that’s right.

(by the way, we’re not saying men are rubbish but to fill your heart with someone who is unrelated and irrelevant to you that is like filling your room with rubbish)

SO LESSON ONE IS TO FILL 99% OF YOUR HEART WITH THE LOVE OF ALLAH SWT AND ONLY 1% WITH THE LOVE OF EVERYONE AROUND YOU INCLUDING YOUR PARENTS, SIBLINGS, FAMILY, FRIENDS AND HUSBAND.

PEOPLE CAN HURT YOU, BETRAY YOU OR LEAVE YOU THROUGH DEATH OR OTHER WAYS BUT ALLAH WILL NEVER EVER LEAVE YOU...

Read NEXT

2 comments:

  1. Mashallah! Can't wait for next installment. Gonna be sure to pass this on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, criticisms and praises welcome but please be intelligent.

IN SEARCH OF THIS TRUTH

  I am in a quest to search for THIS truth. People ask, 'why are you still searching for the truth?’  You have found Islam.  You believe...