Friday 1 July 2011

How clear is 'clean'?

I need to say something about the 9th July march although I do not support 'clean 2.0' specifically. First, let me state my stance before anyone get the wrong idea.

I ONLY support the re-establishment of the Caliphate through non-violent means i.e.
1. Elevation of the thinking of people and to increase their understanding of Islam as a comprehensive system.
2. Exposing the plots and plans of the colonialist and their agents.
3. Nusrah - protection given for the re-establishment of the Caliphate by those with military power.

So, don't get the wrong idea about this entry. I'm just expressing my opinion and is meant for those like myself who are stuck in the middle of those who are for the 'clean 2.0' demonstration and those who are against. Most people (like myself) have no clear understanding of what this demonstration is for, what is the objective? This is partly because it is a collaboration by many different factions each with its own ideas and agenda. Each has something that they are dissatisfied about. To me, it seems that they just need an outlet to express their dissatisfaction. At the same time, we have wolves outside our home ready to blow the house down so, we need to be aware of those external factors who are ever so willing to 'interfere' and manipulate public sentiment as they attempted to do in the Egyptian demonstration.

However, I don't appreciate those who try to scaremonger the public, predicting all sorts of threat of violence and turmoil.

When I was living in the UK, I was a victim of the British government propaganda against Islam to the point that when I walk down the street, people eyed me with suspicion (so I was told). I was slightly oblivious to their stares and partly because when someone stare at me, I often wonder if they are one of my patients. However, the point is...Muslims in general are viewed with suspicion and I've heard cases where Muslim women in hijaab have been shouted at e.g. "Have you got a bomb under there?" or "Do you know where is Osama Bin Laden?"

So, I will not be coerced into a reactionary fear by any person(s) or party.

I believe it is important for the public to have a clear understanding of the facts and issues raised by any group. The people should be able to make their own decision of what is right and wrong based on two things:
1. the reality: the objectives, the facts, the issues and anything related has to be explained and understood.
2. the criteria of what is right and wrong, good and bad based on Ahkam Shariah.

It is a misconception to think that the public is too ignorant to understand fundamental issues. These are not exclusive to the intellectuals only. This is evident because a Bedouin in the desert can have a clear understanding of the existence of the Creator whilst there are professors who are atheist. Therefore, the understanding of reality and fundamental issues are not exclusive to those with Masters and PhD. 

I'm tired of propaganda...to be expected to act and behave in a reactionary way based on scare mongering and hear say from the east or the west. If we want to be an elevated society with maturity in our thinking, we need to first understand what is the problem through studying it. We need to understanding the problems and issues and then, understand the proposed solution. However, that is still not good enough because solutions proposed by human beings are subjected to bias and sometimes lack of clear thinking. We need to refer the solutions back to the Creator (Ahkam Shariah).

2 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum Dr Farnaza,

    Thank you for this entry.

    Regarding your idea of involvement from various party, that they may have their own issues/agendas, I couldn't agree more.

    However, from my point of view, I would say that this rally is the rakyat's rally rather than for particular parties. They do it out of the dissatisfaction and hardship that they have gone through all this while. All they want is to have a fair play. That is only my personal opinion.

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u for your comment and I appreciate you sharing your opinion.
    I def agree with u that there's a general dissatisfaction amongst the people maybe even with regards to similar issues raised by bersih 2.0
    However, the issue is also about proposed solutions. Will a free and fair elections change the core system? Will we achieve justice and equality though the use of democracy man-made law? or should we be thinking about the Islamic system?
    Another question: should we use democracy as a platform to jump start an Islamic government? How can we learn the lessons from FIS victory in Algeria's 1992 elections and Hamas victory in the Palestinian elections. Why is it that after winning the elections, FIS and Hamas both failed to form an Islamic government?
    Hmmm...lots of issues to think about. Maybe we can discuss this more in a non virtual world.
    But really glad that you're keeping up to date with these issues. Great stuff and thanks for reading my humble blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, criticisms and praises welcome but please be intelligent.

IN SEARCH OF THIS TRUTH

  I am in a quest to search for THIS truth. People ask, 'why are you still searching for the truth?’  You have found Islam.  You believe...