Saturday 7 May 2011

Trip to Taman Tasik Titiwangsa and the harsh reality of the youth

Today I went to Taman Tasik Titiwangsa. The last time I went there was about 4 years ago before My Luqy was born, the time when they had the 'Malaysian eye'...I thought the lake looked bigger then. I remembered going to Taman Tasik Titiwangsa when I was in secondary school, we went there for a hiking trip or 'orienteering' as they called it. At that time, I remembered the Taman Tasik was surrounded by jungle and we were doing some trekking in the jungle. There's no more jungle now....

I wish they hadn't chopped off all of the trees to make new settlements. I wish they had kept more forest reserves. KL is now so congested and for what?

Anyway, I was chatting to some of the secondary girls hanging around at the park.I enjoyed talking to them and finding out the opinions of the youth. What they told me was quite depressing...they told me that the boys in their school do not respect the girls. They would sometimes purposefully touch girls and when the girl gets angry, it seems to excite them even more...I asked these girls if the boys are Muslim, and they said 'yes'. I wasn't so shocked as I've read these things in the newspaper but I was feeling sad...

It is sad to hear how many of the Muslim youth has totally lost their way, it is as though they are simply empty shells walking around completely dictated by their desires...they are like cattles or worse...

It is bad because their behaviour is completely devoid of Islam. Islam honours the women, puts her in a highest status, to be respected, to be protected and not to be harassed. Yet, the behaviours of these boys are like apes. One of the girls informed me that the boys in her school are sex-crazed.

The other bad thing is that they are simply wasting their lives away...they have no Islam and they have no real objective in this life either...they do not focus on studying or seeking education; they are simply folloiwng their desires and will end up suffering for the rest of their lives. Even if they were to repent when they grow up, they lose out on a major opportunity to be the one who worships Allah as a youth; the youth is full of energy and zeal; if he loves Allah and Islam, he loves it with passion...he will be a true warrior, fearing nothing but Allah.

He would lose out on that...and when he comes to his senses, he will always regret this fact for the rest of his life. However, at least he found the Truth but what about the one who never repents...he will lose out in this life and the next.

I think America has done a great job in brainwashing the Muslim youth, lulling them with all kinds of entertainment and bad attitudes...yet, these gullible youth do not realise that they are being manipulated, neither do they realise that the image portrayed by Hollywood is a tiny bubble, a world of fantasy where people are happy and rich; but the reality is that they are far from happy but they feel caged within themselves...we can look at those who are the cream of Hollywood, Madonna, Britney Spears and the late Michael Jackson; has money and hollywood lifestyle brought them tranquility?

Some of the youth would say...:"but we are young...let us have some fun" but that is exactly the point, you are young and you will never have that opportunity again. A young mind is still developing, still absorbing...use that young mind to memorize Qur'an, to understand Islam, to develop good habits, to seek knowledge in every aspect of life, to question the world around you, to make changes to the world, to fight for Justice and Truth...because when you are old, you can still do all that but it takes a lot longer. I can still remember things that I learned from my Medical school years and yet, I can't remember the things that I read just a few hours a go.

I wish to see the day when our youth will the be the ones to carry the banner of Islam, to lead the world in scientific discoveries, to be quoting hadith and quran when they speak...I wish to see the future Muhammad al Fatih, Muhammad bin Qasim, Ali bin Abi Talib, Musab bin Umayr...but I feel that there is light coming from the West, a group of Muslim youth who have rejected the Western way of life and is holding fast to the rope of Allah; some of them are from the Muslim world, the Arab world and some from the Western countries themselves like Europe and US...but right now in Malaysia, I see more bad apples than good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, criticisms and praises welcome but please be intelligent.

IN SEARCH OF THIS TRUTH

  I am in a quest to search for THIS truth. People ask, 'why are you still searching for the truth?’  You have found Islam.  You believe...