Sunday 23 January 2011

UK blues...

Being back in the UK is really strange. It is not easy to be away for a year and come back and simply fit back in. When I was living in UK and going back to Malaysia for a holiday, it felt like going back home even though things were strange and different but it felt familiar but coming back to UK doesn’t completely feel like home. I guess it is because home is where my parents are. Still, it is such a nice feeling to see family again and I can’t believe I’m here.


This morning I had a big breakfast, 2 sausages, egg and real whole meal bread. I felt so full afterwards I couldn’t eat anything else for lunch. I’ve had so much cake today that I’m feeling slightly nauseated. This is the reality of living in this world, this is NOT jannah and you can’t have too much of the things that you love whereas in Jannah there would be no such thing as too much...

Having a shower was a challenge. It was so cold even though the water was heated and it was really warm but everything else was cold. I was feeling cold. I can’t believe how I manage to wake up every morning, have a shower before going to work.

One good thing about England is driving. People actually give way. I really miss that. They stop at zebra crossings...wow!!! Driving is a much more pleasant experience. The polo I rented is pretty cool. It is diesel and the engine automatically saves energy when the gear is in neutral and as soon as I press on the clutch, the engine switches back on. It is a manual car but with a lot of computerised features. I wish I could bring it back to Malaysia and it is such a small nippy car. CUTE!!!

People talk very slowly and precisely, always choosing the best word to express how they feel and think. It is these things that I miss. Things just seems more refined...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, criticisms and praises welcome but please be intelligent.

IN SEARCH OF THIS TRUTH

  I am in a quest to search for THIS truth. People ask, 'why are you still searching for the truth?’  You have found Islam.  You believe...