Monday 20 June 2011

Facing my fear

Whatever is your fear...one day you will have to face it. Today, I had to face my fear. After months of dreading, anxiety and nervousness, today I have finally reached Kg Gajah for a 10-day course.

The journey on the bus took 3 hours and after leaving the motorway, we passed by some small towns, more jungles, more villages and got deeper and deeper into the unknown. We had no warning, no inclination of what to expect. I wasn't sure if we would have internet access, phone lines and the idea of being 'trapped' somewhere with no way out is scary.

However, when we finally got to the intended place. It didn't look so bad. It looked quite pleasant like a training centre on a flat plain with lots of building and bungalows. So, we got off the bus and reported at the counter. I was glad that they gave us a room at the hostel rather than the bungalows as I was warned that strange things happen in the bungalows. Strange...as in those creatures of the unseen that is best avoided. I prefer to focus on the physical world where there are enough human problems to deal with.

So, at 4.30 we went for tea. I came back to the room and discovered that I have internet access which was a relief! Then, at 6.30 we went for dinner but I didn't feel like eating. I was still feeling disorientated, inside my head I was saying to myself "why am I here again?" I was trying to find a rational explanation for being here, at this place but the only answer I could think of was "because I was told to come"

Anyway, my room mate and I went for a walk around the place. The air was stuffy and stale, just like my near by hometown of Teluk Intan. We discovered that there is a gymnasium, snooker, table tennis and all kinds of sport facilities. So, wonder what interesting things I will think about within these 10 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, criticisms and praises welcome but please be intelligent.

IN SEARCH OF THIS TRUTH

  I am in a quest to search for THIS truth. People ask, 'why are you still searching for the truth?’  You have found Islam.  You believe...