Wednesday 5 January 2011

First week of school and what a mess!!!

Today was the 3rd day of school and arranging transport for the kids is indeed a challenge. First of all, the bus came late and I was told later by my daughter that the bus driver had dropped the kids at the wrong school. Despite the children trying to tell the bus driver that they did not go to that school, he refused to listen to them. Luckily, one of the children called his parents (from a public phone) and the parent (hopefully) shouted and sweared at the bus driver. He turned back, picked up the kids but still, forgot to drop the actual school kids that went to that school and so, had to repeat his journey for  the third time. What do you say to a moron? Err...don't drive a bus! Hopefully he would have learned his lesson and imbibe the meaning of the hadith, "A believer is not stung by the same hole twice." This is the problem when Muslims do not embrace Islam within their personality, it even effects their common sense.

Then, after waiting for half an hour at the bank I was told that their system is not working and they were unable to process my application. So, why did they not put up a notice to say so? Even bankers are a bit thick!

Suddenly, during a meeting I got a text message from my hubby. He was at the dentist with my son with a photocopy of his citizenship document. They were querying it and decided he was foreign after all. So, I spoke to the manager on the phone and she kept saying..."As a citizen, you must understand..."and giving me a long explanation about foreigners trying to abuse the system. I said, "Yes, I understand but what are you going to do with my son!!!" Honestly, if you are querying an official document from the government then what else can I do, bring to you the government officer or the Pengarah everytime I go to a Government clinic?

So, there I was waiting at another bank...and this time it took me bloody 2 hours to be seen. By this time, I was about to cry my eyes out and potentially hit someone. When I am angry, I get very very quiet and serious...and a notch from that, like when I was working in Obs and Gynae, I start swearing using the word 'bloody' a lot. My ultimate temper tantrum is when I start to shout, the way I do to my kids. My kids can take it presumably because they know that despite me shouting at them, I still love them but for anyone else, it means the end of our relationship. They never ever see me in the same way again.

Anyway, I was just very quiet...answering only when spoken to and preferably not answering at all if I could. Then, I went for lunch finally after not having anything to eat since breakfast. I had an ice-blended mocha...finally...I felt calm. It is the simple things in life that brings pleasure Alhamdulillah.

So, that is life...in this jungle. One thing I can say for sure, the only thing that keeps me alive in this jungle is Tawakkal. Without it, there is no hope. Just knowing that Allah is there, watching and looking after me and my kids makes me understand that there is order in this chaotic world. The order set by Allah is far superior than the chaos of man-made laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, criticisms and praises welcome but please be intelligent.

IN SEARCH OF THIS TRUTH

  I am in a quest to search for THIS truth. People ask, 'why are you still searching for the truth?’  You have found Islam.  You believe...