Sunday 17 October 2010

Reminiscing my early days back in Malaysia

I was just reading some of the blog entries I made 10 months ago. I'm just glad that I documented it because it just seemed so long ago and so distant from where I am today. All the hassle of filling in forms, going from one government department to another and the frustration of dealing with inefficiencies...that feeling is gone. I can barely remember any of it. The only government encounters I have is to renew my children's visa every 6 months. We have renewed hubby's visa for 5 years and no more going to immigration for that purpose for a little while.

Still, some other issues have emerged that I am trying to digest, to observe all of the reality, to analyse and to make sense of what it is all about. Why do some people behave that way? Why do they think that way? is it insecurity, inferiority or something else?

There's still so much in myself that I need to sort out. My dissatisfaction with a few things when I was in UK and now, realising more and more new realities that have emerged where I am now. The comparison of the two cultures, all the negatives and all the positives is just on-going. Sometimes, I can't even sort these things out in my own head.

Anyway, before I came back to Malaysia I used to wonder why people who have gone back can't answer all of my questions or they can't understand what information that I need. Now I understand why...because I'm at the other side and knowing means forgetting what you didn't know. So, I am glad I jotted it all down in a blog so that I can remember...and I hope that others might benefit from it.

So...10 months on there's light at the end of the tunnel. Filling in forms and hassles in government departments do come to an end...eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, criticisms and praises welcome but please be intelligent.

IN SEARCH OF THIS TRUTH

  I am in a quest to search for THIS truth. People ask, 'why are you still searching for the truth?’  You have found Islam.  You believe...