Wednesday 4 August 2010

A special dua from my baby

My daughter woke up screaming again yesterday. We ran out of bread and her little brother is having the last piece. She screamed again when he pushed her out of the way of a huggle with her mommy.

Normally, I would start shouting at both of them or tell them to go out of the room and take it outside. Today, I felt sorry for her. I was getting ready for work. I won't see her for the next 9 - 10 hours. I know she misses me when I am at work and Allah knows how much I miss all of my kids and how I worry about them.

I gave her a cuddle, cupped her face in my hands and said to her, "Darling, mama's going to work. I will be driving and it is very dangerous. Will you ask Allah to look after mama?"

She stopped screaming and looked at me with her wide round eyes. She is the most beautiful thing ever...I said to her, will you make dua for mama? Say "O Allah! please look after my mama. Please help her get safely to work and safely home". She repeated after me. She was happy and playing when I left.

I know she will probably scream again tomorrow. There's so much to be upset about as a child but I hope that I can help her to develop Taqwa and Tawakkal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, criticisms and praises welcome but please be intelligent.

IN SEARCH OF THIS TRUTH

  I am in a quest to search for THIS truth. People ask, 'why are you still searching for the truth?’  You have found Islam.  You believe...