Tuesday 27 April 2010

Reminiscing

Five months ago, I stepped out of the aeroplane and landed back home. I was full of hopes and dreams but I didn't know what to expect. I went through various emotional turmoils and various obstacles. There was endless bureaucracy, form-filings, documents and government officials. There were interviews and waiting...

Now, five months on...the picture is almost complete. Things have fallen into place. This morning I started remembering my early days here, getting flashes of visual images of me having lunch with my sister, still unsure of the future. I was constantly worried, slight fearful but building a complete Trust in Allah that He will sort it out. Everyday I pray to Him to look after me, to protect me and my children and never to leave me to my own device for even one second. Who are we without Him?

Life is ever changing and nothing remains the same. We should constantly strive to become better everyday and to know that hardship will come to pass. All we need is Tawakkal and Sabr. If our life becomes hard, then whatever is in our control and we can change it, we need to strive to make that change but leave the rest to God.

It is mind-boggling thinking about the last 5 months and all the things that we as a family went through. It has been difficult, testing but it has been worth-it Alhamdulillah. There is still so much I want to do, in my life, for my children, in my work but Patience, perseverence and planning is the key. I'm taking a bit of time reflecting on things, on life itself, in Islam, in duties and responsibilities, in what I want to achieve for this year...

I am just so grateful to Allah for every second, everyday and every minute I am alive in this world; to be able to spend time with my family, my parents, my siblings is like a dream come true. To be able to convey whatever little knowledge I have to others.

To all my friends or anyone out there who has plans to relocate. If you have prayed Istiharah and Allah has guided you to the right way; then just put your Trust in Allah and do what you have to do. Whatever hardship and difficulties placed in your path, never lose your Trust in Him, have patience and your Tawakkal will only get stronger. Ameen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, criticisms and praises welcome but please be intelligent.

IN SEARCH OF THIS TRUTH

  I am in a quest to search for THIS truth. People ask, 'why are you still searching for the truth?’  You have found Islam.  You believe...