Wednesday 10 March 2010

A typical day in Malaysia

One of the best things about living near the Equator is the same length of day and night each day. Hence, routine is very easy especially when one has to pray 5 times a day. It is very convenient.

So, life generally starts at Fajr time which is around 6 o'clock in the morning. Most people wake up at this time to pray and get ready for work/school. I can almost imagine hearing the sounds of cockerels. Today, I was one of those who stayed up after Fajr cause I'm embarassed to say...after 3 weeks I was still suffering from jet-lag. Anyway, I went with dad to visit MMC again. The journey there and back took about 2 hours. Then, I went out again with Mak and Dad to the bank and to do other chores. Then, went out again with Mak and the kids shopping. We came home around 3pm.

Whilst the kids were watching TV, I fell asleep (yup! jet-lag) and woke up around 4.30pm just in time to pray Asr. We had our tea-time (very important meal of the day) and normally this is the time to visit friends or receive guest but not today. Instead, read Qur'an with the kids and we read until Maghrib time.

After Maghrib is dinner and few more chats and stuff before going to bed. I just feel like I get so much done during the day. It is like there is a lot of Baraqah in time here....like it's always filled with something; Maybe it is just a feeling, after all how do you scientifically study such a phenomenon but I believe there is more Baraqah of time in Muslim lands. Although these lands do not implement Islam comprehensively but there is still more Baraqah, more time for silatur-Rahm, meeting and chatting with people, for ibaadah, for just being out there in the midst of life itself. I must say I barely spend more than half an hour tidying up the house everyday, thanks to tiled flooring therefore, no hoovering. Also, I'm not too bothered about the spider webs on the ceiling because spiders are actually my friends here (house spiders that is, not the poisonous kind), they eat up all the mosquitoes. Believe me! if you get 40 mosquito bites a day, you will be happy to have spiders around instead.

You know in the UK, I used to spend so much time just tidying up the house, picking up kids toys and hoovering? Well...not here. A lot of time is spent outside the house rather than inside the house. It's not about someone working or not working, being a housewife or not; it is just a different way of living, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, criticisms and praises welcome but please be intelligent.

IN SEARCH OF THIS TRUTH

  I am in a quest to search for THIS truth. People ask, 'why are you still searching for the truth?’  You have found Islam.  You believe...