Thursday 11 March 2010

The sea of life


You may notice that this blog is like a few months behind. I kept a diary of all things that happened and my thoughts and feelings at the time. Truth is that too many things happened at such a short space of time. Sometimes I felt excited, happy, elated and sometimes I felt angry, frustrated, disappointed, annoyed mainly with all the man-made rules and hurdles put in my way. Other times I felt so grateful and 'terharu' with the help that I received from such generous and caring people, even those I just got to know for the first time.

But things have passed and feelings don't remain. It's like if you're really angry with someone and you write it down in your diary about how you feel; you read it a day later and it just doesn't feel the same anymore. So, that is how I feel...that I don't need to blog them down anymore. Alhamdulillah, Allah swt says in Surah Ash Sharh: Verily, along with every hardship is relief, verily along with every hardship is relief. So when you have finished your work, devote yourself to worshipping God. And to your Lord (ALONE) turn your intentions and hope.Allah sends us hardship and then ease...this is the cycle of life, like waves on the sea, it goes up and down, like the night and the day...

There were many times when I felt so low and so down, I felt like I couldn't get any lower...the struggle to build a new life but then, the hardship passes - putting kids into school, sorting out visa, getting school transport, waiting for shipping to arrive, sorting out jobs (the biggest headache SubhanAllah!) but Allah helped me so much...and dark clouds that hung over me, the thunder and lightning that struck down and covered me with fear and despair have washed away. So, forgive me if I do not share it all with you. I just wanted to do something useful, to help others and help them to learn from my mistakes, my ignorance...

I know that there will always be another storm but right now, there are no more dark clouds, no thunder, no rain. Today is a sunny day Alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, criticisms and praises welcome but please be intelligent.

IN SEARCH OF THIS TRUTH

  I am in a quest to search for THIS truth. People ask, 'why are you still searching for the truth?’  You have found Islam.  You believe...